Chief Technology Officer
Tia is an innovative, early-stage women’s health-tech company reimagining the highly complex world of reproductive health care through the lens of individual women. Our mission is to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence. Today, Tia is a part-human, part-machine-powered chatbot you message with about birth control and all of your sexual healthcare questions. She’s your liaison to care providers, products and services, digitally and in the real world. Overtime, our aim is to establish Tia as the go-to trusted women’s health brand and marketplace, unifying the burgeoning, but fragmented women’s health market.
We are looking for a highly driven, product-oriented engineer to join our founding team as CTO. Your foremost responsibility will be to identify ways in which technology can be utilized to simplify and improve access to reproductive healthcare information for women at scale. Most immediately, this will involve leading development of our women’s health chatbot, designing and scaling a machine-learning operation, and building an engineering team from the ground up. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, user-centric design, and creating high-quality products is essential. Must be located in or willing to move to San Francisco.
What you’ll do:
- Grow and develop a-best-in class engineering team that upholds a commitment to quality, ownership and quickly shipping products
- Dream-up and implement the best technical solutions to bring Tia to life
- Collaborate with Head of Product to define product vision, roadmap & ship new features
- Develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of product
- Design and implement machine learning systems and data acquisition strategy
- You have an intense drive to achieve excellence through creative and scrappy means
- You are a self-starter & highly independent, but also seek-out a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- You have prior experience leading and managing engineering teams
- You are a leader in your field, that others aspire to learn from and work with
- You have a solid understanding of data science, natural language processing and machine learning systems
- You have extensive knowledge of frontend (Swift) and backend development (Node.js, postgres). Experience with chatbots is a plus.
- You love design-thinking and rapid prototyping
- You’re passionate about women’s health and expanding access to quality care
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We’re a small, yet mighty team that’s *obsessed* with helping women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job
- Collaborative thinking is our mojo
- We love hummus, red wine, and celebrating weekly #wins
Interested in transforming women's health? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.